Elect Judge Baldwin To Supreme Court
Supported by Governor Barbara Roberts, Governor Ted Kulongoski, Over 60 Judges from across the state and Winner of the Bar Poll by 68%“Judge Baldwin’s strong background in legal aid work and extensive trial experience will bring a much needed perspective to our state’s highest court. His work to create the Oregon Drug Treatment and Mental Health courts demonstrates a strong commitment to strengthening our communities by developing long term solutions. I strongly believe Judge Baldwin is the candidate that will serve the best interests of all Oregonians.” - Governor Barbara Roberts
Click the Paper to read the endorsement article
Judge Baldwin's Statement of Core Values
I have adhered to the following core values as a trial judge for over ten years and, if elected, I will strive to live up to these values as a Supreme Court Justice:
- Loyalty to our state and federal constitutions and to the people of Oregon.
- Respect for legal authority and a commitment to the "rule of law."
- Impartiality and equal treatment under law.
- Basic fairness and concern for others.
- Character: who we are as individuals and what shapes us.
- Integrity: discerning right and wrong and standing on principle even at personal expense.
- Earning public trust through honesty. Trust is "the glue of life."
- Respect for human diversity and inclusion.
~ Judge Richard C. Baldwin